Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Dutch Oven Cheesecake




I wanted to attempt a cheesecake in the dutch oven and it worked perfectly.  Don't think a dutch oven dessert is limited to just cobblers, be creative so many thing things can be made in the dutch oven.

I used this basic cheesecake recipe   I used a 10 inch dutch oven cooking it at 325 degrees using 13 briquettes on top and 6 on the bottom.  I preheated the lid while I prepared the cheesecake,.   It took 1.5 hours but that can vary.  Every 10 minutes I turned the lid a quarter turn so it evenly cooked the cheesecake. One more tip when I used the 6 briquettes on the bottom I never replaced them, just let them burn out so you don't risk burning the bottom. but continue to replace the top ones when they loose their heat.   The cheesecake is done when the top of firm but the middle still wiggles a little if you shake it.  Let it cool at least 2 hours in the fridge or cooler if camping.   I hope you enjoy it!

Thanks for reading, and get out there and get cooking! 

1 comment:

  1. This is really a nice and informative, containing all information and also has a great impact on the new technology. Thanks for sharing it, reno bbq service

    ReplyDelete