Saturday, April 5, 2014

Dutch Oven Enchiladas



Now I know this looks like my chimichangas but these are my wife's enchiladas and they are delicious.
Here is her recipe for Chicken Enchiladas.  But when we make them in the dutch oven instead of rolling them we layer the tortillas, kind of like you would with a lasagna.  Also with the filling we add black beans, corn, green onions and sweet mini peppers just to bulk things up and it taste really great that way.

Here is an example of what I do.  Pour a little sauce on the bottom of the dutch oven.  Top it with a tortilla and then spread 1/3 of the chicken mixture.  Repeat with another tortilla and chicken mixture, until you end up with a tortilla on top.  Pour the remaining sauce over it and top with cheese and green onions.  I used a 12 inch dutch oven and cooked it at 350 degrees using 17 briquettes on top and 8 on the bottom and cook it for 30-40 minutes or until the cheese it nicely melted and everything is warmed through.

We like to eat this with rice and tortilla chips.  I will do another post about making rice in the dutch oven later.

Thanks for reading, and get out there and get cooking! 

No comments:

Post a Comment